When knitting, I’ve always thought my work should reflect that concept. Recently, I was working on a vest, all that needed doing was to sew up the side seams, when I noticed an error in patterning. Maybe, no one else would notice, but I know its there.
Then the rework started. Undo, unravel the armhole edges, unravel the neck edge, undo the shoulder seams, unravel the whole back of the garment including the bottom edge/trim.
Start the back again, and reknit. Fortunately, the yarn itself didn’t seem to mind and was no worse for its reuse. While everything was in pieces, I decided to use a different trim and alter the initial design. It took alot more time, but I’m happy with the result.